Has anyone noticed that it’s the smallest things that seem to bother us the most? We tend to overreact to some of the tiniest things. Lucky for you guys, I listed 5 of the most annoying things that should just be nonexistent. From the tiniest pain to tape and laptops, prepare to go,
“I HATE THAT”
“I KNOW RIGHT!”
- Paper Cuts. This is the most classic type of pain that causes everyone to wince. Seeing the word makes me feel like there’s an annoying, imaginary pink slash on my finger. The worst part about these things is that THEY ALWAYS APPEAR WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT! When I tried to forcefully cut myself with a piece of paper (don’t try this at home kids), it never works (not that I cut myself or anything, just experimental purposes). Then, you forget about the pain until it strikes back when you write with a pencil or, the worst, wash your hands with soap or hand sanitizer…
- Cutting your nails to close and they sting. Is it just me, or when ever I clip my nails, I always end up cutting too close and it stings. When this happens, you feel as if your hand can’t function because each time you use your hand, you end up pressing against that nail and it swells. I think this happens to piano players like me because every time this happens to us piano players, we cringe each time we have to use that finger.
- Splinters. Funny story about this one. When I was younger, my family went to Knott’s Berry Farm, we were walking to one of the rides and my sister yelps in pain. Our heads snap back towards her to see what caused her to cry out. On her finger, there was a piece of wood stuck underneath her finger nail. She was sliding her hand against the wooden railing and this happens. Whaaat? So yea..splinters suck…especially when they’re on your feet. Oooh, I also hate it when there is a wood-chip in my sock.
- To all my fellow perfectionist, O.C.D. diagnosed, try-hards: tape. There are many problems with this evil yet wonderful bandage of life. First of all, I HATE IT when you pull out the tape, rip it off, then THE BOTTOM OF THE TAPE STICKS WITH THE TOP OF THE TAPE. You have to go through the annoying process of pulling apart the two ends. Second, don’t you think its the worst when you place tape onto what ever you’re making, but the tape ends up getting AIR BUBBLES? Just…why? You then attempt to hide that horizontal air bubble by pressing on it, but then it just looks like a strange plastic tab hanging off your “finished” product. The third annoyance of tape probably comes to a few people (me), but whatever: it’s when the supposedly “invisible tape” appears on your project/poster and you can see the annoying rectangle on the wall across the entire class. This is the type of take that has a shade of grey/white that is see through, but has a slight tint of color. The amazing type of tape is when it’s perfectly clear and is smooth to touch.
- This is the last one and probably the most…[insert cringing visual here]… you’ll understand my emotions once I tell you. You’re in the middle of writing an amazing essay or written piece of perfection, then, this
disaster, no, this catastrophe to human kind occurs: your laptop decides to “run out of power” or “freeze.” Like…dah fuq? WHY? WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO MEEEE!? Then as you try to reboot your already dilapidated piece of junk, you sincerely pray that you’re essay was auto-saved. If this hasn’t happened to you, it will. Don’t even question it; it will, and you will finally experience what it’s like to be in a momentary, hyperventilating state between life and death.
I hope you enjoyed reliving each one of these terrible events. Maybe share this post with your friends; trust me you’ll both end up with tears of frustration.
Thanks for reading my blog!